Although we may or may not have a red diaper baby, we will definitely have a red bootie baby! I made five pairs of these booties today, with a few more coming. They are SO easy to make, and extremely affordable. I found the original tutorial via The Purl Bee, but made some modifications after putting together the first pair. I really loved her use of the red thread, but I have such a large back stock of blacks, whites, and grays, that I had to use them up first (also, the hardly-working-mommy-budget is quickly dwindling down).
After completing the first pair (the black ones) per the instructions via the tutorial, I was pleased with how they turned out, but wanted a little more personality, especially since I was not using funky thread. I also found that I liked the booties more if I turned them inside out after sewing on the soles so the thread was not showing. I also ended up adding buttons to some of the booties (although unnecessary function-wise, they are cute accessories).
I’ve also been working on a ton of sewing projects. After I finish this next big one, I am going to upload a batch post of all the projects. I’ve also been drawing a bit more (see self-portrait to the left), and starting up the plans of launching my own business this year! 2015 is going to be a year of many BIG changes for myself and our family, and I can’t be more excited.